Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Bottomless Pit's

I always seem to forget how much Missionaries eat!!!  What is it that makes them like that??  I seriously think they are bottomless pits.  Last time we had them over, I made enough for 4 people.  Me, Simon and 2 Elders = 4.  Made sense to me!  But apparently Missionaries have a different formula for working out how much to cook.  Number of people+ (number of missionaries x 2).  Yip.  So this time we had the AP's coming again and I decided not only to make enough burrito's for 4 people but make enough for fajita's for 4 as well.  Thats 8 peoples worth of food.  I ate 2,  Simon ate 3, and there was only 2 tortillas left at the end.  They ate 5 each!!!!!!  wow.  Their eating habbits aside, I love the Bottomless Pitts.  Having the missionaries in your home is such a joy!

Having them over reminds me of when I was investigating the church and the difference that being a member has brought into my life.  I get so overwhelmed by the amazing job these young men and women do and the sacrifice they make to leave home for 18 months to 2 years.  I had always planned to serve a mission when I turned 21- but instead I chose a different fairy tale and I am so glad that I did.  Because now I don't only get my happily ever after, but I can serve a mission when I am older with my husband by my side.  The ideal companion!!

Anyway, back to bottomless pits.  My daughter.  Yes, thats right, she has gone from eating a little bit to wolfing down serving sizes that are massive!!  If I buy a jar, she eats the big sized one then has room for a bit of desert and a bottle.  I was gobsmacked when she started that!  And when I make my own she needs 3 protions.  Thats another rant.  The baby food portioners that you buy for the freezer.  They say they are ideal size for weaning, and I agree.  When beginning weaning they only take a small amount.  But weaning doesnt last long and then they eat loads!!  Warning to any mothers about to start weaning.  Don't waste your money on stuff like that!  Just buy small tupperware or something.  Also, if you wean from 6 months then your baby doesnt need everything blended- just mash it together.  Yet again saving money on blender or baby food making helps.  Having a baby is expensive enough without all that jazz!!!

Anyway, rant about bottomless pits over.  I love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment