Tuesday 8 March 2011

They Grow up so fast. . .

I always was told to enjoy every minute of your life because it goes by so fast, then when I fell pregnant I heard it from so many people that they grow up so fast and time passes too quickly, and I of course didn't really believe them.  But now I believe them!!


Emily turned 6 months old this time last week, thats half a year gone by already!  She is no longer the tiny, precious newborn that I thought she would be for a lot longer than she was.  She is now bouncy, adventurous and such a vibrant baby!  Since she was so small when she was born, I thought she would stay small for her age, I thought she would go into 6-9 month clothes when she was almost 9 months and follow on that trend.  Oh how wrong you can be!  We noticed that her sleepsuits were tight on her toes and her dresses were becoming immodestly short :/  so I got out her 6-9 month sleepsuits for a little more toe room, but assumed they would drown her since her 3-6 are still baggy, just too short.  Well they fit perfectly! She is Officially the norm for a 6 month old and having a low birth weight hasn't stopped her in the slightest.  So proud of her but so sad she isn't going to be a baby forever! It's amazing how quickly time passes when you have a baby and I am so eager to see her next stages into walking, talking, being a toddler, a girl and even a teenager!! ( remind me at the time that I at one stage looked forward to seeing her as a teenager and I am sure I will deny it!!)  To see her baptised, complete YW, seminary, institute, maybe serve a mission and get married one day herself.  Life holds so much in store, and seeing your own child growing day by day and fulfilling so many accomplishments is the most amazing and precious gift I could ever have imagined.  I always knew that I wanted to be a wife and a mother, even when I was young, but even in those wildest dreams I could not have imagined just how wonderful an experience it would be.


Yesterday Simon and I watched Cheaper by the Dozen with my family.  We had a good laugh imagining having that many children, I am so amazed that some people can handle it.  I really do not think I am one of them. Lol. However, I am so excited to see our family grow together, learn together, live, laugh and love together.  Family truly is the greatest gift.  <3
Emily and me, 8 Months
Emily, 6 Months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment