Saturday 12 March 2011

Pride and Prejudice

So Yesterday was my sister's official signing on to the Law Society of Scotland's books at the Signet Library in Edinburgh.  I didn't tear up as much as I did at her graduation, thankfully, but it was another one of those moments where you feel nothing but pride for another person.  I know, I know, pride is a bad thing right? wrong.  Or at least I think so.  I think personal pride is wrong.  But I do not see how you can't be proud of the people that you love.  Anyways, I was so proud of my sister, but I think me and my dad were the only two "normal" people in the audience.  Everyone else there that we heard in conversation were hilariously posh, proud and prejudiced.  One man sitting next to me was talking to his wife about how they were so lucky that their son had decided to become a lawyer and have a reputable career.  Needless to say sitting next to him, degree-less and hoping to be a teacher made me feel a little below par.  The funniest thing about him was when he started talking about people who don't even have a degree by the time they are 22 are massive time wasters, he looked at me for backup that he was, of course, right.  haha.  Sorry mate- but I am yet to graduate am 22, I really disagree with you! lol.  Anyway, thats for the prejudice part.  (P.S hopefully will be graduating at some point! lol) Back to proud.  Here are a few things I am proud of:

* Emily rolling over
*Emily eating solids and loving them
*Emily is now in 6-9 month clothes and follow on milk!
*OK, basically just Emily.  The most beautiful, happy and simply amazing little girl I could have ever imagined
*Simon and all his little behind the scenes achievements
*My sister officially becoming a solicitor
*I am proud of all stay at home mums, it's the hardest and best job there is!
* I am proud of all full time missionaries who give up so much of their time to serve other people
 * I am proud of all my friends for simply being awesome.  And yes- to all my american/canadian friends I am especially proud of you for surviving without me the last 2 years.  You now will hopefully get me back at somepoint soon with an amazing husband and wee bambino!!
* yes, my name is Judith and I am proud.  Hola!

"For a while it almost became taboo among Church members to say that they were “proud” of their children or their country or that they took “pride” in their work. The very word pride seemed to become an outcast in our vocabulary.

I believe there is a difference between being proud of certain things and being prideful. I am proud of many things. I am proud of my wife. I am proud of our children and grandchildren.
I am proud of the youth of the Church, and I rejoice in their goodness. I am proud of you, my dear and faithful brethren. I am proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you as a bearer of the holy priesthood of God."  Elder Uchtdorf

Emily's first mouthful of solids




So be proud!!. . .but in the right way.  :)
Yes.  I know its sideways but I am NOT proud of my technical skills.  I am so proud of this wierdo.  He is my life.  <3

Sister and pops. :)
Here are some things I am proud of. .

No comments:

Post a Comment